Tuesday, July 31, 2012

30 Day Challenge -- Day 31 THE END!






Oh yes, I did it!  My 30 day challenge has come to a very successful end.  31 full days of completing a task that for many may not seem like a big deal.  But for me it is.  All month long I had to learn to put some things aside to make time for my workout.  That was not easy for me.  I am a complete control freak and everything, I mean EVERYTHING, on my to do list has to get checked off before I go to bed.  At least that was the old me.  The new me has learned a very valuable lesson.   I've learned that I don't have to be in full control.  I've learned that the laundry or the dishes or the floors can wait.  I've learned that it is okay to sit and watch a movie without doing 20 things at the same time.  I have learned to compromise and prioritize.   This month I went to a baseball game on a week night just because Sweetheart really wanted me to go with him,  and I went to a movie premier on a week night without complaining that it was a week night, blah, blah, blah.  On the professional side of it, I learned how to prioritize my day so my focus would remain on the task at hand, not the miniscule things that interrupt my day.  I think some times when you work towards the same goal on a day by day basis, it's easy to lose focus.  This challenge helped keep my focus and kept me in charge.

This task that started out as a professional challenge that I brought into my personal life has really changed me.  For the better.  Who would have thought that I would get so much out of making a commitment that meant nothing really to anyone.  Not even to me.  At first, all it meant was that I put a calendar on the wall to mark my daily completion.  Then day by day I began to change my mindset and my attitude.  Both at home and at work.  I feel stronger and happier now ~~ how that ties into this whole thing, I'm not quite sure.  I just know it's true!

Oh and tonight was not my final night.  I've moved on another 30 Day Challenge for August.


Piece of CAKE! :)
I did it!!


Give a girl an internet high-five!  And see you here again tomorrow for August's challenge!

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment