Monday, July 9, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 9

Well hello!  So glad today is just minutes from being over (for me).  It was a tough day at work as Monday's always are.  Voice mail messages, emails and requests that come in over the weekend make for a very busy day.   Add one 30 day challenge and you have a recipe for a very demanding day.  But....wait for it....I did it!  Piece of cake! :)

I read a study recently about walking/running barefoot.  Supposedly, walking/running barefoot is so much better on your joints than wearing even the best running shoes.  Apparently running shoes (or any shoes) take you off balance and the heel takes the brunt of the impact which causes stress to your joints.  When you walk/run barefoot you tend to plant on the ball of your foot therefore eliminating all that stress.   Now, don't quote me on any of this because it's possible I made most of the story up.  I tend to come up with my own endings sometimes.....

Let's just say, my nail polish was still not dry and I had to get on the treadmill BUT I couldn't put on my running shoes.  Well, I could have but I would have taken a HUGE risk.  A risk I was not willing to take.  So I did the next best thing.  I got on the treadmill barefoot.  I put the speed at a brisk walk and the incline at level 6.  I'm sure I'll be feeling that tomorrow (because I can already feel it in my hamstrings).  I will admit it was a pretty awesome workout.  I'm definitely doing that again!


p.s.  my feet look a lot better in person.


Day nine is history! I am so ready for this week!

Day Nine - complete!

And by the way, I watched Drop Dead Diva again.  I just LOVE this show.  Sweetheart can't stand it and actually puts on headphones when I watch this.  Apparently the voice of both Jane and Stacy get on his very last nerve.  Tonight's episode was so very sweet; it made me cry.  Sweetheart thinks I'm nuts.


Maybe I am.  Or maybe I just love a good love story!

No comments:

Post a Comment