Monday, July 2, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 2

Success!  Okay, okay.  So it's only day two.  Nevertheless, I'm pretty stoked about successfully completing day two.  I will have to admit, today was a challenge.  First, I met my 30 day work challenge with flying colors.  It was tough -- I knew when I set the goal that it was very ambitious and yet I was surprised at how taxing it would be.  I know, I know...I'm a drama queen.   Not the first time I've heard it and it won't be the last.

Onward to the personal challenge.   When I got home from work my Sweetheart had already started dinner. So I changed into my comfy clothes and sat to have dinner.  After dinner I was so tempted to lay on the couch and just chill for the rest of the night.  Instead,  I decided I would read my book.  Ah yes, my new book.  I can do that, I thought to myself.  So I set my timer and I nestled into my comfy chair and I read my book (while Sweetheart did the dishes -- if my mother ever knew about that, oh boy!).

After 45 minutes of reading, I decided to put my workout clothes on and tackle the challenge.   Running shoes -- check!  Bottle of water -- check!   Cell phone (you know in case I get a super important text) -- check!    I watched three episodes of Will & Grace while I did my workout.  I could not wait to be finished.    It was tough, but being able to put a big "X" through today's date gave me a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment.  Small wins, that's what it's all about.  Yes?


Day Two!


Meanwhile, check out the cute bookmark I got at B&N yesterday.  The Wizard of Oz happens to be one of my all time favorite movies.  Oh, and the ruby slippers on the bookmark are sparkly!  What more could a girl need?

Click the picture to enlarge; it's super cute!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment