Friday, July 20, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 20

I had such a good, hard run today and I was so hot that I took my shoes off immediately after the timer ran out.  I couldn't even wait to get off the treadmill before I took my shoes off!  When I came back into the room, I laughed when I saw this:

It's indicative of how I feel today...

Better late than never, I came home after the movie and got a workout in.  It was a good stress release.

Day 20 complete

I almost didn't post tonight.  I have been in a somber mood for most of the day.  I was talking to my BBF, Alex, via email today.  I told her how I awoke this morning and reached for my phone on the nightstand.  Out of habit, I always check the phone before I get out of bed.  All I saw when I picked it up is a CNN banner that reported the shooting at the Batman premier last night in Aurora, Colorado.  I stumbled to unlock my phone as I grew more and more nervous.  It didn't register immediately where it occurred and I could only think of the friends and family that I knew were attending a showing last night.  My heart sank when I finally read the details and found out that so many people were hurt and so many senselessly killed.  I was beside myself.   It is so terribly frightening to know that individuals like that exist among us.  Even now, I am at a loss for words.  All I can do is pray.


My thoughts and prayers are with the victim's families and friends.  U


No comments:

Post a Comment