Thursday, July 12, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 12

Well, well, well!  Day 12 and going strong!  I actually woke up early and did my treadmill workout before work.  Yes, really!  I knew that we would be home late tonight so I had planned on working out before work, but I am a night owl and night owls just don't do the "early bird" thing very well.  Ever.   

I love how this challenge is changing my behavior both personally and professionally.   In the past, I would have rather slept the few extra minutes and skipped my workout.   But today, skipping it was not even an option.  Sleeping through the snooze was not an option.  I got up at the first alarm and got going.  It may not seem like a big deal to many, but to me it is huge.   And I am so very proud of myself for it.  

Day 12 at work was equally impressive.  I left work a few hours early so that I could come home and hang out with the pups (they are like our kids) before the movie.   There was never a doubt in my mind as I went in this morning that I would complete my daily challenge.  I put together a plan last night before I left work and executed it perfectly today.   I am really impressed with my commitment to this.  Not saying that I have commitment issues, but I do have problems with change.  I tend to be very stubborn and am normally inclined to fight change.  I am a control freak...and not in a good way.  

I like that I am open to change.  This is turning out to be a great life lesson for me. 



Day 12 is done; two more days and I will have two full weeks complete!

Day 12 is a wrap!


Oh and The Amazing Spiderman was, well, amazing!  I really enjoyed it and could have sat for another two hours following the story line.   And our friends Mike and Lindsey were there so we got to enjoy a nice evening with friends.  



We have another movie screening next Friday and I can't wait!  Can you guess what it is??

No comments:

Post a Comment