Wednesday, July 4, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 4


Happy Birthday America!  


This was an amazing 4th of July for me and Sweetheart.  Mostly because we got to spend a relaxing day at home.  The day was off to a good start because we got to sleep in and we woke to rain drops tapping against the window.  Yes, it rained!  It never  rains here, ever.   It rained on and off most of the morning.  Of course rain is always welcome during the summer when everything is so dry and especially today when fireworks will be going off all over the city!

After breakfast we turned on Pandora and just chilled.  It was such a relaxing day, I wish our weekends would be this tranquil.  We did partake in traditional 4th of July activity: we had a BBQ!   While my Sweetheart was outside grilling hot dogs, I was inside making crab cakes!   All in all, it was a wonderful day!

Oh and because I still had my challenge to complete (challenges don't take holiday), I jumped on the treadmill early so that I wouldn't get lazy and skip it.  Today, I watched the first episode of this season's Drop Dead Diva.  I'm a little behind, I still have 4 more episodes to go before I am caught up.  Good thing I have a whole month's worth of workout to do....


Looking good: 
Day four is DONE!


Oh and because rainy days always put me in the mood to bake, I decided to bake banana bread.  I had three very ripe bananas sitting in the fruit basket so it was perfect.  I found a really simple recipe recently that I was anxious to try.  Bananas, butter, baking soda, vanilla, egg, flour and a dash of salt.   Simple and scrumptious!

it's missing the end because I had to test it. 

I hope you and yours had a wonderful Independence Day! We're off to light those fireworks Sweetheart bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment