Thursday, July 19, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 19

So far, today has been the most difficult day in terms of completing the work challenge.   It was an extremely busy day at work -- there is just so much going on right now.  Today I actually thought I might not be able to meet my goal.  Well, it entered my mind briefly.  It's so amazing how this challenge changes my entire way of thinking.  In the past, I probably would have had a completely different mindset given today's scenario. I probably would have finished what I could, and then called it a day with the intention of finishing up the next day.  Makes sense, yes?   It did back then; but not anymore.  Because doing that would admit defeat.  And I refuse to do that.  I knew that I had to focus and kick it into high gear.  Which is exactly what I did.  I took about 10 minutes and re-routed my day, I put a new plan together (mind you this was early afternoon, half my day was gone) that I felt would work.  It's the focus and the gumption to make it work that makes all the difference.  

BTW, I got wonderful news about work yesterday.  I won't bore you with the details but I am extremely happy with my new role!  I am over the MOON happy!!!

I watched Drop Dead Diva during my workout today.  I had planned on getting my workout done this morning but Sweetheart and I both overslept.  It was one of those mornings where we hit snooze at least 10 times!  I don't mind that I didn't get to do my workout this morning because I got snuggle time instead.  It's a FAIR trade! :)

Naboo photo bombing my Livestrong shot


Day 19 and I am loving the energy and the motivation to keep it going!  I'm closing in on three weeks straight.  I will most definitely have another run of a 30 day challenge in August.  How can I not?

Day 19 - done!

 We are going to see The Dark Knight Rises tomorrow!  I can barely wait!!


I need to get to bed.  I know, it's only 9:12 p.m.  Not cool for a night owl to get to bed so early.  BUT, I really have to be up extra early -- I plan on leaving work at 2pm which means I will have less time to get everything done and going in early will probably be the only way that's going to happen.  The 30 day challenge stops for no one, not even Batman!


No comments:

Post a Comment