Tuesday, July 17, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 17


Day 17 and I'm going strong!  I watched Design Star today during my workout!  Down to the final two!




Oh and how's my work challenge going, you ask?  Let me show you: 

This is the calendar I have at work.  Notice on Day 12 there is a line
of whiteout?  That's because I used a blue pen inadvertently
instead of green and my OCD kicked in....

When I got to work this morning I found an email from my manager in my inbox.  He said he loved that my 30 day work challenge was going well and inquired about my personal challenge.  So, I sent him a copy of this:


(This is today's -- I actually sent him last nights)
Day 17 done!!!

My manager is behind my work motivation.  You ever have one of those managers that you just want to give 110% to?  This is one of those managers.  He's a great manager and I love that he presented me with this challenge because I am truly seeing how being tenacious about something really pays off.   This is helping form good habits.  It makes me think about what happens when I don't push myself.    I am generally very motivated and driven, however, this experience has me wondering if I have become complacent in my role.   This is something I definitely need to address and adjust once this challenge is over.

*****

Meanwhile, and this is completely random, I reached into my bag today to grab my car keys as I was headed out to lunch and this is what I saw.  I don't know what the heck happened but I am normally a very neat person.  I like neat hair, a neat handbag, a neat car, a neat house, you get the picture.    But look inside my bag:


click on the picture to enlarge


It was a hot mess!  There were receipts in there, just hanging out.  I despise having loose receipts in my purse so when I actually took notice, I was taken aback!  First, when did this happen and how could I let it happen???

After Sweetheart and I had dinner, I dumped the items from my purse on the kitchen table.  Even Sweetheart was a little surprised because he knows I detest a messy bag.  This is what was in there:

click on the picture to enlarge

Loose dollar bills and coins, receipts, a bottle of mentholatum (don't ask)...... 


But within a few minutes, my handbag was back to normal:




I know this may seem petty to most, but now I can breathe a sigh of relief.  Ahhhhhhhh!

Do you see how hard it is to me??



No comments:

Post a Comment