Wednesday, July 18, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 18

Guess who got their workout in this morning before work??  You got it, it was ME! 

Grievie stood watch over me while I did my workout.
Crazy dog!

I work a late day on Wednesday evenings so I really should have been doing this from the start.  I am all alone at home for close to 3 hours before I have to leave for work on Wednesday mornings.   Side note:  my intention has always been to do a workout before work on this day especially but that never really panned out.  Until now.  Enter the 30 day challenge!  I had a great workout.  I started to watch Dance Moms but I was so into my run that I turned that off and listed to music. 


Day 18 is DONE!


Sweetheart and I made plans to watch The Next Food Network Star tonight when I get home (which is close to 8:30 p.m) so I knew that I wouldn't have time to workout tonight.  That's why it was so important that I get my workout in this morning.  It felt great!  I was energized all day too!  I am hoping to start working out in the mornings.  I think I can do it!

By the way, because I go in to work later on Wednesdays I always cook a special breakfast for Sweetheart. I cook breakfast for him every morning but it's the same thing every day; I make him oatmeal -- recommended by his doctor to help lower his cholesterol and also because he's diabetic it's a good breakfast for him.   On Wednesdays, however, I cook a special breakfast -- and he loves it.  He is always excited to get to the table to eat his breakfast.  Mostly because he can smell it cooking and it draws him to the kitchen.  I know, this sounds a bit old-fashioned.  I guess maybe it is.  But my mother used to cook breakfast for my dad, fix his lunch and then get herself ready and out the door every single morning.  She worked a full-time job and manged the household.   I presume that is the reason that I feel so content in doing this for Sweetheart.  Keep in mind he never asked me to do it, I just started doing it and and he liked it.  And more importantly, he appreciates it.  He never fails to send me an email or a text to thank me.  Today was no different.  As I was getting ready to get on the treadmill, I got a text message from him and it read:

Good morning sweetheart. That was a tasty breakfast. Thank you and I love you very much so.

As I read it I smiled and realized he makes my efforts all worth while!



No comments:

Post a Comment