Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree and Naboo

What a FUN weekend we had! My Sweetheart says he would not describe our weekend as fun. He said it was 'crazy busy'. We went to Tucson on Saturday evening to celebrate 4 birthdays with my family. While in Tucson, we find that a stray dog showed up at my sister's house. A cute, lovable pit-bull mix. She showed up for 2 nights in a row, trying to find a warm place to sleep. They didn't want to keep her and were going to call the Animal Shelter so My Sweetheart and I decided to bring her home.


She rode in the backseat and didn't make a fuss. She came into the house and made herself at home in the laundry room. My Sweetheart took her to the vet on Sunday morning where she got her shots, got a clean bill of health and was groomed. Then we took her to Pet smart and she got a new pink collar, harness and leash. Oh and a fancy bed. Seems to me what started out as "let's take her and find a good home for her" has turned into "I think someone has moved in"....


Meet Lady Naboo:



After we got Naboo settled in, we headed out to do some Christmas tree shopping. This will be the first year we get a fresh cut tree. We have a 9ft artificial tree that we use every year but this year since we have tile floor we figured we could handle a fresh cut one -- clean up shouldn't be too bad.



We stopped at the Annual Poinsettia Festival to find they had overpriced trees. So we went to Home Depot and found the perfect 8 ft tree. We tied it to the top of the 4Runner and brought it home:


We got her all settled in. Then we sat to watch the SNF game and got lazy. So the tree currently sits like this:


I think it's a beautiful tree. We will probably start to trim it on.....Thursday. I can't wait!! I have the entire house (minus the tree) decorated. Can't wait to post pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment