Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Wrapping Party - solo

I had a one woman wrapping party today! That sounds funny, I know. Several years ago, before I moved to Phoenix, my sisters and I would have a "wrapping party". We would save all of our wrapping for one day. We would gather at one of our homes where it was just us. We would send husbands and kids away for the day. We would have snacks, drink wine, listen to Christmas music and just wrap away! It made wrapping fun! When I moved to Phoenix, I kept the tradition of a wrapping party but pathetically enough it's became a one woman show! :)

This year, I kept my wrapping simple. I bought three rolls of wrapping paper from the dollar section at Target. Each roll is 40 feet long. It's only about 2 feet wide. The normal wrapping paper is what about 4 feet wide? I had reservations about buying it but I had a lot of shirt and robe boxes to wrap so I figured it wouldn't be too bad. Turns out it was great! I didn't have all the extra cutting and excess paper. There was absolutely no waste whatsoever! Whoever designed that was brilliant! In the past I would also buy different paper for all the different families. My older sister and her family would get one, my younger sister and her family would get another, my cousins would get another, etc. It was cute but expensive and wasteful. This year everyone got the same paper.

I decided in order to make the wrapping special, I would make home-made gift tags. I used my Cricket Expression to cut out tags. I used a stamp with silver ink and a red gel pen to write my to and from names. Then, I attached the tag to the present with red rope ribbon that I got at Walgreens for 99 cents:



It looks cute. It's very simple, but I love it.

And transporting will be easier. Usually I add bows to every gift and by the time we get to my sisters house they have fallen off or are squished beyond recognition. This way, the gift will stay neat and clean:

My Sweetheart was a little surprised that they all looked the same. But when I told him I spent a total of $4 on wrapping paper, he was pleased. The labels didn't cost anything since I used scraps of paper that I had from other projects.


Now that my shopping is done and the wrapping is done I can sit and relax and enjoy all the sappy Christmas movies that are on the Hallmark Channel this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment