Saturday, February 2, 2013

Red Hearts and Company

I don't exactly know why, but I always get excited about Valentine's Day.  Many say it's a sensational holiday created by the greeting card business.  I know many people who refuse to celebrate the day because of it.   Personally, I enjoy the day.  So, this weekend I pulled out my Valentine's day decor.   Not a whole lot but a few subtle touches here and there are fun!

This is my "pretend" mantel that I've mentioned many times (humor me).  Red and white tea light holders shaped as hearts (that I got at Target years ago) line the shelf:

Click on photos to enlarge

This heart ornament looks lovely hanging from the white candles:




Here's my candy dish sans the candy because Sweetheart and I are off of sugar at the moment:



The entrance way table always gets decked out with holiday trimmings:


Since I had to hang the heart wreath with twine (for lack of a better option), I decided to add the twine to the red candles to tie it together:



These red large tea light holders and large tea lights are from Ikea.  Love them:



And my entrance way magnet board got the VD treatment too.  I found some felt hearts in the dollar section of Joanne's so I attached some magnets to them and added them to the board.  The "happy valentine's day" heart is an ornament that I got at Joanne's also.  I fell in love with the "M" and "Y" when I saw them at Joanne's:




And my FAVORITE plate has my Sweetheart's name on it :)



The shelf in the kitchen also got changed out.  The subway art is from last year's decor.  I added the hurricane tea light holders and a white candle that I added a chalkboard label to (because I am completely obsessed with them) with an "I love you" message:



Sweetheart bought my Valentine's Day gift for me month's ago.  We are going to the Pink concert on February 13th.  I am SO excited!


Happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment