Saturday, February 16, 2013

Jewelry Center

Remember the mess of a 'jewelry center' I posted about here?  Well the mess is no more.  I worked on this idea all week.  My goal was to spend as little as possible in organizing my jewelry.  This is what I came up with:

Click to enlarge

I looked at dozens of organizing ideas on Pineterest.  Although I loved so many of them, I decided to go with  what I thought might work well and would cost me nearly nothing.  I decided re-purposing would be the best way to go.  So I took the tree tea light holder from this project -- I had broken most of the glass votive holders because I kept knocking it over so it was sitting in my craft closet -- perfect for holding my dangle earrings I thought.  So I grabbed it tried it out and it was perfect!

This is how my project started

I took a can of white spray paint from the garage and painted the entire thing white.  I felt it would be easier to spot the earrings I wanted to wear if they sat on a white surface instead of the dark surface it was originally.  I just realized my paint job wasn't the best but I'm okay with it because this sits in the closet so no one will ever see it.

I also placed the converted earring holder on top of a silver charger and placed the charger on a turntable so that the holder can be accessed from all sides.  This way I can also utilize the back of the tree:







I hung the necklaces on shower rings.  I remember seeing this idea on Pinterest -- although what I saw had a rod attached to a frame and the rings hung on that rod.  I hung the shower rings on the clothes rod.  It's perfect.  Initially I attached the necklaces around the rod which made it difficult to try on different necklaces.  It was a lot of clasping and unclasping that was just annoying.  So this idea really worked out well.  I bought two packages of the shower rings:



I took this silver tray from our bedroom and placed all my bangles in it:


Now everything is easy to access and I can quickly find the necklace, earrings and bracelet that I want to wear:







 I think it turned out great.  And I love that I spent $10 on the entire project.  Re-purposing really pays off and it was fun going from room to room taking items and trying them out.

  



No comments:

Post a Comment