Sunday, February 10, 2013

Egg Muffins and DIY Planning


I was going through my emails the other day and I came across this recipe from Johnsonville.com:


They are called "Amazing Muffin Cups".  I thought it was a brilliant idea so I decided to make some for breakfast this morning.  I altered the recipe to include: eggs, onions, garlic, spinach and mushrooms -- Sweetheart and I are eating healthy so I skipped the hash brown, sausage and cheese. 

Here's how mine turned out:
[click on photo to enlarge]

They were super easy to make and so tasty.  It's just like the frittata I've made a few times but so much less work.  I just sprayed the cupcake pans with Pam and poured in my egg mixture and baked for 20 minutes:



I love the little "muffins" because they are an ideal method of portion control:



I'll definitely be making them again.  


Meanwhile, today was a lazy kind of day.  Sweetheart has been battling a cold/flu thing and was off of work all last week.  We spent all day just catching up on shows we have on the DVR.  Our new favorite is The Following with Kevin Bacon.  When I (finally) got my turn with the remote I decided to catch up on SMASH and Project Runway; this is what happened to Sweetheart and Grievous when I did:

Man and his best friend...

Oh and on to my DIY planning.  One of my New Year's goals was to "accessorize".  I know that may sound somewhat lame but I wear the same thing every single day:  my diamond studs, diamond stud necklace, watch and silver bangle/Tiffany bracelet.  I've been working the same thing for like 10 years.  I call it classic and my "signature" as I have said so many times to my sisters (and cousin) who say I need to be a little more open to new things.   So, this year I'm embracing the whole idea.  I've already bought some really cute pieces that I really like.  I didn't realize how much a nice necklace or earrings or even some colorful bracelets really make an outfit pop. 

Back to my DIY planning.  My dilemma is that I never had a need for a jewelry box because I've always worn everything I own.  I mean outside of a few items that I have for special occasions of course.   Well now it's all out of control.  What is usually very organized is now a mess:




I've been on Pinterest looking for some DIY ideas.  For now my necklaces hang from the clothes rod that goes across the closet:



I'm of the mind frame that it's not in front of me and ready to use, I just don't use it so I've been looking at something like this:

DIY Jewelry Holder  DIY jewelry holder
DIY Jewelry Holder   jewelry holder

I want to make it myself and of course I want to be as frugal as I can.  I also want to keep what I make inside the closet rather than in the bedroom.  I'm hoping I can put something together this coming weekend.  I'll post it as soon as I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment