Friday, February 15, 2013

Pink: the Truth about Love Tour

When I heard Pink was kicking off her tour in Phoenix, I told Sweetheart that I would love to see her in concert.  The day the tickets went on sale I came home and found two tickets sitting on the dining room table.  I was beyond excited!  That was in October of last year.   Since the concert was the day before Valentine's day, Sweetheart made sure to tell me that the tickets were my Valentine's day gift.  Ha!

So on Wednesday, the day before Valentine's Day, we went to see Pink kick off her Truth About Love tour.
Her performance was absolutely phenomenal!   


I took some pictures with my iphone but it was too hard to get good pictures because she never stood still and the bright lights interfered with the flash.  

She opened with "Raise Your Glass" while suspended in air and upside down most of the song!



She had numerous costume changes.  Like lots of them. 
She joked that in 2002 she kicked off her Missundaztood concert in Phoenix and had a total of two costumes changes the entire show:  a red and black pair of dickies.

She's come a long way indeed: 





She spent the majority of the concert in the air:



This is my Sweetheart with me at the concert.  He was such a trooper to go with me.
He was outnumbered by women at the venue.  Most with a "chick-power" way about them.  That might be why he has a crazy look about him in the picture.  I'm just saying...



During the concert Sweetheart ran off and bought me some souvenirs:

An autographed picture of Pink (which I love)!



And a Pink T-shirt -- which I also love!



It was the most amazing concert I had been too.  
She is an amazing performer and such a class act!

No comments:

Post a Comment