Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Hall Bathroom....complete!

It took me about 5 weeks to complete a 3 day project! Lately it seems that all my projects are taking longer than I project. I think it's because my Sweetheart is a bad influence. I can start a project and he can say "let's watch a movie". I always drop what I'm doing and say "okay!" It feels better to blame him than admit I tend to lack motivation at times....ha!


Here's somewhat of a before (I am the worst at before photos because I get too excited to start a project and forget to take pictures):



I painted the room Agave by Behr Premium Plus. It's a very pretty color. It's a blue/gray/green...depending on the time of day. I wanted the bathroom to have an almost 'spa-like' feel to it. The soothing blue/green with white and brown accessories makes the room very warm and comforting.


I love candles but I don't like to burn candles while unattended so this tea light holder was perfect in here. I think it's adorable:



The liquid soap dispenser and soap dish are from Target. I bought some lavender soap from Tuesday Morning and it gives the room a nice fragrance. The twigs are from Hobby Lobby and the vase is from Ikea:







I bought these wall sconces at Joanne's Fabrics. They were 40% off. I love them!





The sunburst mirror I bought at Marshall's. I really like it in here.







Oh, I made the shower curtain from a sheet. I chickened out of making button holes and decided to just run the rod through the curtain. It looks good enough. I really like how simple yet inviting the room looks:



Now, on to my next project. It's a big one. I'm painting the guest bedroom which will double as my craft room. I am very excited about this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment