Friday, January 25, 2013

2013 Memory Jar

I worked on a quick project this weekend.  I've seen these "2013 Memory Jars" throughout blogland and Pinterest.  I have seen a number of sizes and varieties - some simple and some really elaborate.  I actually took my inspiration from the Ann Taylor facebook page (go figure).  The purpose of the memory jar is to document memories throughout the year so at the end of the year you can reflect on all the memories created.   


I stuck to a more simple aesthetic:
[click to enlarge]



 I found an empty jar in my craft room and added some embellishments: 

a chalkboard label  


and a burlap flower


Then I pulled out my Cricut machine and started cutting some tags on scrapbook paper:



I used a "tag" setting from my Christmas cartridge.  I thought that would look cuter than a just a plain piece of paper or recipe card:   





Then I wrote my first "memory" and placed it in the jar:



All done! 


My memory jar sits on the entrance way table where it is easily accessible.  Sweetheart noticed it right away and asked me about it. He loved the concept.  I told him he can contribute to the memory writing whenever he wants -- but I know he won't.  :)



I look forward to seeing the jar fill up with memories as the year moves on.  


No comments:

Post a Comment