Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Playoffs and My New Lamp!!


The Arizona Cardinals were defeated by the Saints on Saturday. It was a tough game. We all knew it would be tough. Still, I had hope. I believed like so many other Cards fans. But in the end, it didn't happen. They clinched the division. They made it to the second round of the playoffs. I am proud of the Arizona Cardinals. And I will continue to believe that one day they will win the SuperBowl. I was hoping that it would happen while Kurt Warner was QB but there's talks about retirement.

My Sweetheart's Cowboys also lost to the Vikings this weekend. My Sweetheart was dissapointed with the loss but was happy that the Cowboys made it to the playoffs this year. He was hoping the loss would mean the end of their head coach but I don't think that will happen. Poor Sweetheart!

We had our own little tailgate party at home (we grilled burgers and bratwursts) on both Sat when the Cards played and Sunday when the Cowboys played. We had a great time.

In other news....

I couldn't wait to show a picture of the lamp I bought today!


I am so in love with this lamp right now! I couldn't even wait to clear off the nightstand or even plug it in before taking a snapshot and posting it! I saw it at Marshall's last week when I was doing some lunchtime shopping. I loved it when I saw it but was in the hunt for something different so didn't really even considering buying it. I even forgot my phone at my desk that day so I couldn't even take a picture of it. I knew that I wanted it but figured I always go back for it. Which is really dangerous when you deal with stores like Ross or Marshalls or TJ Maxx. Well to my surprise, I ran into Burlington Coat Factory this weekend and I was shocked to see they had some throw pillows in the same fabric as the lampshade. Oh yeah. I thought OMS (oh my stars), the lamp and the matching pillows would look AWESOME in our bedroom! For three straight nights, all I could think of as I lay in bed was how great the lamp, the pillows, a white down comforter and silver drapes would look. Silver accessories. Ahhhhhh. I am totally having a love affair in my head with the entire picture! (don't ask...)


So today, I thought "what if the lamp is gone"? Aughhhhh! I called Marshall's immediately and asked them to see if it was still there, which it was. I asked if they could hold it for me, which they could. Whew! I asked My Sweetheart if I could run to Marshall's after work to get my lamp. Since all I've been doing is talking about "the lamp", My Sweetheart agreed I should go. Huh? :)


Oh and I am/have been planning to paint my existing furniture. Currently pine furniture, I am going to paint it black. With nickle hardware. Oh it will look so good with my pillow and lamps and drapes. I just can't wait to get started on my project. This project, by the by, has been in the works since last year...July?


My plans are to get started with the nightstand, then the dresser, then the four post bed. My thoughts are to leave the armoire in it's original form so that it's not too matchy. ???


I am so excited about my LAMP, I can't even tell you~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment