Saturday, January 9, 2010

IKEA and the Phoenix Zoo

Last weekend I went to the zoo with my sister, my cousin and her daughter. The zoo recently added a new exhibit to the zoo: Land of the Dragons. Yep, we have two Komodo Dragons at the zoo. They are amazing. At first glance, I was almost disappointed. The exhibit was full of people and I didn't really get a good look at first. I think I expected something bigger. But as we got a front seat view and sat and watched the lizard, I became very impressed with it's size and by the way it moved around. There are two :




Here's some other animals I got shots of:












It was a beautiful day. We had the best time!

Since my sister and my cousin drove 90 miles to come here they decided they wanted to make a quick IKEA stop. Yeah, visiting IKEA is never "quick"~! We were there about 3 hours. My sister and my cousin bought cool stuff. We all three bought this awesome tea light candle holder. It's a silver ball that holds the large tea light. Perfect for my coffee table:



Oh and while I am at it. I thought I would share a picture of my "Winter" table decoration. I was bummed about having to put away my Christmas decorations. After all, my living room, kitchen and dining room have been adorned with decorations since October when I pulled out my Halloween stuff. So having bare counters/tables was a sad thought. Sooooo, I thought I would have a "Winter" theme until Valentine's Day decorations are pulled out. Made total sense at the time. I used silver and white and black. Here's my dining room table:


I spray painted the pine cones I used for the Christmas decor. I put silver candles in my front entryway and in the dining room. I bought some candle holders with clear crystals on clearance from Michael's. Perfect for my winter theme. I actually bought 2 large ones and 2 small ones. The small ones are on the coffee table with the silver IKEA tea light holder. I used silver beaded garland and candle wreaths that I got on clearance at Michael's. Looks really nice.

My sweetheart says he loves it. Says it looks really fancy. But one question: "why did you put more Christmas ornaments in the glass thing on the table when we spent hours putting all the Christmas stuff in storage in the garage?". Me: "because they are silver and they are Winter themed balls, not Christmas ornaments. Him: "oh, I see".


He thinks I'm crazy. Maybe I am. Just a little. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment