Friday, January 15, 2010

Living Room Project

I spent all evening working in the living room. Seriously, all evening long. It started when I decided to buy a new shelf to house the electronics in the living room. Not the easiest task. There's very little room because My Sweetheart has a big screen TV. Not flat screen, big screen. You know, old school. New flat screen for the living room is on our wish list. But it's WAY at the bottom of the list. My Sweetheart recently tells me it's like end of 2010 or start of 2011. SO, I decided to re-decorate and work with what I could.

So I bought a ladder shelf. Ok, I already had a shelf there but I had to buy a second one that would flow better. This one is all wood; the one before had metals legs. Looked too industrial. I love it however so I am moving it to my spare bedroom/studio. That's a whole other project.

So, here's a picture of my shelf. What took me all night was getting all of the cords hidden along the side of the shelf. Not an easy task. And I wish I had pictures of the before. I mean the before, before. Before I moved in and it was more of a storage space than anything else. But here's the finished project: (not sure why the color is so off...)



When I went to IKEA with my sis and cousin, I bought some black and white picture frames. I wanted to do an all black/white theme on the shelf. The lamp was a birthday present from my sister years ago. I love it. The vase is from IKEA. The candle holder is a clearance item from Michael's. I cropped the picture so only the shelf is in view. I have another project going on above the TV. I ordered some vinyl letters to go over the TV. I'll post those when they arrive and I have applied them.


Other project of the evening. My friend Marcia and I went to Kirkland's at lunch today. They were having a great sale. I bought this cool plaque and the three crosses. I really like the way it looks. My Sweetheart liked it too.


Here's a close up of the plaque. It reads: Trust God for what you need. Thank God for what you have. And we do. Every single day.



Tomorrow is the big day .
GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment