Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekend Update

This has to have been the most relaxing weekend for me in a very long time.  Which is quite bizarre since I still had to do laundry and house cleaning.   I was able to get all my chores done on Saturday -- I even had time to run to the mall to get my "free gifts" from my favorite cosmetic counters.  Still, I feel very relaxed and stress free.  

It may possibly be because Friday night I sat and put a plan together for the next few months.  With football's regular season about to start, our next few months are going to be busy.  When we have a home game, there's lots of tailgating prep that has to happen on Saturday and then the entire day on Sunday is spent at the stadium.  Last year was a bit overwhelming for me because of it.  This year, I have my cleaning schedule in place, my holiday decorating marked on my calendar and I synchronized our family get togethers with my sister and are now marked on my calendar as well.  September, October and November are busy birthday months for our family.  In November alone, we have five birthdays.  I am pretty excited about having everything mapped out.  I have a clear, detailed plan.  I know it sounds obsessive, compulsive, that's   because it is.  But that's how I operate; I always need to be in control.  

I was also able to work on our September budget yesterday.  I have this great binder that I bought at Target a few years ago.  It's spectacular.  It's called the "organizher".   I want to believe it was created by a woman for women because it's a great tool for organization.  It has a sleeve for all 12 months to keep monthly bills in.  It has monthly budge planner sheets and a calendar in each section.   Although I keep my budget electronically (and on a thumb drive so I can access it at work) I still love the organizational capacity of this binder.  As the mail comes in I put the bills in the monthly pocket so I can always locate them with ease. 

I love my Organizher!

After my house cleaning was done, I ran to Macy's to get Lancome's gift with purchase, then I walked over to Dillard's to get the Estee Lauder gift with purchase.  I have used Estee Lauder for many, many, many years.  I love their products and always take advantage of the gift with purchase.   My friend at work recently introduced me to a few Lancome products that I love so I also had to get the Lancome gift.  You may think it's excessive -- trust me it's not.  Okay, it is, but I have a cosmetic bag fetish and I just love the travel size products that really come in handy.



The rest of the weekend I will spend just relaxing and reading.  Sweetheart finished the Hunger Games series last weekend and I am still on book one.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment