Sunday, August 5, 2012

30 Day Challenge August - week 1

The 30 day challenge for August is in full swing!  I started my challenge on August 2nd because I sorely needed a break.   As I mentioned on my last post, I have added a distance goal to my workout.  I'm running three miles a day.  As I type it I know that it doesn't seem as vigorous a goal as it could be, but I need to take baby steps.  The July 30 day challenge really helped me develop the will power that I lacked -- doing something for 30 days straight especially on days I really didn't want to proved to me that I could do it.  Now, with my August challenge I am hoping with help build my endurance so that I can move on to the next level. 

This is going to be a tough 30 days.  Although I did decide to give myself Sunday's off, the six days that I have to put those three miles in seems harsh to me at the moment.  I can barely make it to the end (mind you it's only been three days).   I dread tomorrow evening in some way because I know how hard I have to push myself to do it.  At the same time, I am excited about the challenge.  

Tonight, I plan on nestling into my comfy chair and watching Army Wives sans any type of activity and I am so looking forward to it.  



Three days strong.  I'll need the encouragement from my BFF and my Sweetheart so that when I post another update there will be six days marked off as complete.  

fuzzy picture because I used my iphone

Sweetheart and I had a great weekend.  We ran errands yesterday and did our housework -- me inside and Sweetheart in the back yard/front yard.  Today, after breakfast we escaped to the living room and read, pretty much all day.  I did loads of laundry between chapters.  We are reading the Hunger Games trilogy.

I am reading the Hunger Games, book one:


Sweetheart has already read book one and he is now reading Catching Fire, book two.  We seem to be reading at the same speed so when I finish one, I can jump to two and he will start three.   I adore the fact that we both enjoy the same type of reading -- when we take breaks we discuss the book; it's like our own little book club!

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment