Saturday, January 15, 2011

A touch of Valentine's Day


I wanted to keep it simple. I also wanted to try my hand at crafting up a few projects that I saw online. I think my attempts were a bit of a bust, but a good learning experience nonetheless. I think if I had more time and I was a little more patient I would yield a better end result. Still, I was pleased with what I created.

To start, I added a red heart to the candle on the entrance way table for a subtle touch:


This was my first project. I used the frame that I made for my Halloween decor, here. My thought when I first made it was that I could change it out for every holiday. I have an idea for Easter already. This project was not as exciting or elaborate as it could have been. I had limited supplies on hand and I didn't feel like venturing out. I think I need to replace the I and U so that it stands out more. I was going to use black letters but my Sweetheart says black is not used at Valentine's day. I love black.....



This was project number two. I put some red glitter on a small wooden heart and framed it. I used the same scrapbook paper in the background as project number one. It's okay. It looks way cuter in person:





This was project number three and the most successful. I glued red glass beads to a wooden heart and framed it. I love it. This too looks much better in person:



My plan is to use this frame for different holidays. Like an egg for Easter, a flag for the 4th of July, etc:



I love glitter and I have plenty of it! I used pink glitter on a wooden heart and pasted it to my blackboard frame:



A candy dish filled with dark chocolate Dove candies is a must:



I love this plate because it says "Sweetheart":




And last but certainly not least, my Valentine bear and some dark chocolate Hersey's kisses:



Happy Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment