Saturday, September 11, 2010

Floor Project Complete!

Wow! It's been over a month since my last post. Time sure does fly! We finished the floor project. It actually only took 3 days to complete the entire house (minus the bedrooms).

Here's the picture I last posted which shows what it looked like while they worked on it:


And here's how it looks now:



We bought the tile at Lowes. It was on sale. It's not the most glamorous of tiles but we had limited funds. We didn't want to spend too much since we wanted to make the house look nice mostly for resale value. Even though it's not super expensive, it still looks very nice:



We've been on the hunt for rugs. We need one for the living room and for the dining area and for the entrances. Until we find what we want, I bought these at Target. They help keep dirt outside:




My Sweetheart has been aching for a new TV. The TV we had was a big screen but it was projection and fit nicely into this cut out. We decided months ago that he could get his new TV this year and he had been on the hunt for weeks now. He was looking for the best deal. I outlined the size of the TV he was looking for with painters tape so we could see what it would look like on the wall. This was our view for the past 3 weeks:





Since his last TV was a projection, it took almost the entire wall and we used a shelf to house the electronics (see here). Well since we were getting a flat screen that either had to be mounted or set on top of something, we decided it was time for a new entertainment center too:


I know that shot is a little messy. I was listening to my ipod while cleaning (you can still see my cleaning supplies). Oops.







On to my new project! I am painting the hall bath. Previously builder white with beige, brown and burnt orange decor. Here's a peek at the new color:




Back to work. I think it's going to be stunning!


No comments:

Post a Comment