Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall Wreath

I love decorating for the holidays! I don't normally pull out my fall decor until Thanksgiving. It's usually October 1st that kicks of the holiday decor. But this year, I just wanted to get my fall decor out on Labor day. The only reason I didn't is because all of my fall decor is in my Thanksgiving bins in the garage and sifting through it to pull out only a few items didn't seem worth it. Only because on October 1st, I would be putting it all back so I can have my Halloween decorations out for the month of October.

So I thought to myself.. maybe I'll just put a fall wreath on the door.. so that from the street it will appear as if I'm in full Fall spirit! Great idea! So I went to Joanne's today and picked up a vine wreath, garland and some ribbon. I've been seeing square wreaths everywhere online lately so that was my inspiration for this project.

Using floral wire, I attached the leaf garland to the vine wreath:




Then I made a bow out of the ribbon that I bought:



And here is my end result:



I think it looks great! Now I feel like I'm in total Fall decor compliance!
Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment