Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

What a great weekend we had! It was so hot and humid this weekend. We should have stayed indoors but what's the fun in that? We battled 105 degree weather with 25% humidity this weekend. It was supposed to get to 115 this weekend. I don't know if it ever did. All I know is that it was hot and sticky!


On Saturday we ran some errands. We went to the mall to pick up a baseball cap that we had ordered for my Sweetheart. We were at the mall a couple of weeks ago and saw a '2010 draft' Cowboys baseball cap at Just Sports. They didn't have his size at the time so we ordered one for him and they had called me on Friday to tell me it had come in. My Sweetheart was so excited about it! We also ran to Costco to grab a few stock up items ~~ and Grievie got a new bed, he's so spoiled!


We went to Home Depot because I had a project waiting for me at home and I needed some supplies. I bought some brown paint in Espresso and some nickle drawer pulls for my project. Remember my 'mini hall way makeover' from a free weeks ago here?

I found this cabinet on clearance at Home Goods. It's perfect for the little hallway. But it's turquoise. I mean bright turquoise.


So that's where the brown paint and new knobs come in. I am painting it brown to match the mirror that I painted. I quickly got started on my project when we got home. But since it was still 105 degrees out my Sweetheart told me to wait until the evening when it wasn't so hot. But I was eager so I started to paint inside the house, with the windows cracked and the fan on.






Well that's wasn't a good idea. I primered the drawers and the cabinet then started with the painting. After about an hour, I felt nauseated and I had a killer headache to which my Sweetheart said, "I told you not to paint inside". Aughhh! So I had to stop painting. Seriously, I thought since I was using interior paint that my painting the cabinet would be the same as painting a wall. I mean, a couple of weeks ago I painted the hallway and I didn't get sick. But I went ahead and moved everything into the garage so I could finish it the next morning. Instead, it sits in the garage and awaits my return:




Hopfully, I can finish it this week. My Sweetheart's aunt Della will be visiting from Texas this weekend so I really want to have it done by Friday!

Oh, by the way, we had brunch at Ruby Tuesday's on Sunday. Have you tried the Sangria there. I had the white Sangria. It was so good!! I could go for another right now! :)




Have a great week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment