Monday, July 12, 2010

Kitchen Curtain Project

I had been planning on making new curtains for my kitchen for weeks now. Since before May 21st when I posted about my new spring/summer colors in my living room. Well, this weekend, I finally did it! We asked our nephew's over on Saturday so we could spend time with them. While they (my Sweetheart and the two boys) played Wii, I got busy on my curtains. That is between turns on the 4 player games we were playing. I kept telling them I wanted to work on my curtains but they kept including me in their game! :)


As I started my project, I couldn't decide if I wanted a valance across the windows like I had before. I'm too lazy to find a picture of the curtains I had before. They were red and were tab top. My nephews and my Sweetheart liked the idea of having two panels versus the valance. I read in BHG that if you use the panels for color and not so much for functionality, then it's okay to use a narrow panel. I liked the idea of panels so I ran with it.

My Sweetheart liked them too. And the boys did too. I did have to keep them window sill length so they don't get dirty since one window sits above the sink. The prototype left me with the feeling that they should be longer. But in the end I decided that wouldn't be a good idea.

I'll admit they are a bit simple, but I like simple and neat. I am a big fan of solid colors vs print. My newphew kept asking why I didn't "just go to the store and buy them so I could play with them". Trust me, that was plan A. But I was adamant about the solid yellow and I couldn't find solid yellow in any store or online.

I do like the way it looks. This morning when I walked in the kitchen and the sun was shining in, I was completely satisfied with the result! Here's a look at the one over the sink:


And again......



And the flowers....My Sweetheart bought them for me "just because". He ran to the grocery store for me last night and came back with these. "Because they match the curtains you made" he says. What a Sweetheart, huh?




Oh and because I totally forgot about my 4th of July post and all the cute decorations I had out (that I have since put away)...I thought I would post the only picture I got of my holiday decor!





Happy belated Independence Day! Thank God for the men and women that fight for our freedom. God bless them!!






No comments:

Post a Comment