Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Cards




One of my favorite things to do at Christmas is craft my own Christmas cards that I mail out to friends and family.   This year I kept it very simple because we had so much going on the past few weeks.  I also kept to the Christmas tree theme colors:  red, white and silver.

I always start with a protype before I decide on any color combinations.   When I showed Sweetheart my idea for the cards, he quickly pointed out that the colors were not very "Christmas-y".....


I decided to go with a white card with a red velvet NOEL, with a glittered NOEL shadow, a white dove and a gem for the dove's eye.  As the words were getting cut, I stamped all the cards:


While the cards were drying, I worked on a pillow project.  Super easy and super cute AND very inexpensive:

You'll see the finished product in the Christmas decor post

Then the assembling begins:



Here's the finished cut out.  It's hard to make out the glittered shadow because of my poor camera skill:



The inside of the card:

And the backside:

And the envelope:

Oh and by the way, we finished the guest bedroom.  I just LOVE it!

More on this room later!






No comments:

Post a Comment