Monday, December 16, 2013

1st Annual Wrapping Party

I usually have a one-woman wrapping party.  I sit in front of the tv and just wrap and wrap and wrap.  This year, I was super excited because I had company!  My best friend and I had our first annual wrapping party this past Saturday.   We planned this party early on in the season -- we planned to wrap all our gifts as we watched movies and drank wine.

I decided if we were going to be drinking for hours on end that we would need some food in us too.  So I set up a couple different platters of snack foods:

click to enlarge

I made some mini Tarragon Chicken Salad sandwiches and served them with some fresh fruit, raw vegetables, salt & pepper kettle chips and a vegetable dip for the veggies and chips:


I decided since it was a "party" I would pull out plate tray stand and my white plates to make it festive:


After Monica got here and the wine was poured and we had something to eat, we started the first movie and got started on wrapping.  Now, my Christmas gift list consists of 20 people, excluding Sweetheart.  It's not a huge list but it's a good share of shopping and wrapping.   I started piling all my stuff to be wrapped on the chair in the living room, which looked like this: 


This is what it looked like when I finished.  I kept it very basic; same green wrapping paper for all the gifts, with a gift tag tied on with twine, finished off with a cute bow: 



This is what Monica had - for her two kids and one brother-in-law:

Sweetheart thought she was moving in as he helped her bring in all this stuff!

This is one-third of what she had wrapped about half way through our night.  She had like 10 different rolls of wrapping paper in various colors of red and silver and she intended to add fancy ribbons to each gift:


This is what she still  had to wrap after I was completely done with my stack......


We couldn't stop laughing at the magnitude of her gifts compared to mine.  Sweetheart stayed in the office while we wrapped.  He would come out every now and then to visit the snack trays and would laugh at the mess we had everywhere!

All in all we had a wonderful time.  We are already looking forward to next year's party!




No comments:

Post a Comment