Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Cheer

It's by far my favorite time of the year!  I love the shopping and the baking and the parties and most of all the decorating!  My Christmas decor was out Thanksgiving weekend, which seems like just yesterday actually.

It's all about red, white and silver:

click to enlarge



I actually made these pillows out of placements.  It's such a simple project, you just open the seam of a placement, stuff it with pillow stuffing then sew up the seam:


I bought some white iron-on letters to add to my stockings that I bought last year.   I never thought about doing that until my friend Monica showed me how she used the same type of letters on her stockings.  She used letters with adhesive on them.  When I went to Hobby Lobby I found the iron-on letters and I thought I would give it a try.  Well it worked perfectly:  they look like the letters are hand stitched!


I went with all white/silver ornaments on the tree this year.  Different sizes and different textures added some nice drama to the tree.  You can't really see it in the pictures but there are a  lot of ornaments -- it's a 9 foot tree.  I also added some red-glittered pine cones in the tree.  Of course, in between the white/silver, there's the super heros and the Cowboy and Cardinal ornaments.  It's really quite stunning in person.



I think these are card holders but I like the way they look here on my end table:


The nativity always sits on my entrance table.  It's one of my favorites:


I added some string and mini clothes pins to the sign at the front door to hang incoming Christmas cards:


The wreath at the front door is simple but festive:


Grievous was helping me take pictures.  Isn't he a handsome boy?


I heard that I can store this poinsettia in the garage after Christmas when it goes dormant.  Apparently I'll be able to use it again next year.  We'll see how that goes....


I love adding a little bit of Christmas to each room in the house.  Even if it's adding the red-glittered pine cones here and there:


For the dining table, I just added some faux winter greens to a bowl and dropped in a few ornaments:




Oh, this was a coaster project that my friend Monica and I worked on.  We bought white tiles and mod podged some scrap paper on them, sprayed them with clear acrylic, and added some felt to the bottom.  I personalized the ones I worked on with initials that I cut out using my Cricut:




I love how simple the centerpiec is:


Of course there is Cowboys stuff all over the house:


I kept it simple this year by just placing ornaments through out the media center:


And a bunch of red ornaments in a silver bowl:


The self in the kitchen also had some faux winter greens with a yard wrapped candle and a nutcracker:


I hang this ornament here every year:


The table in the hallway also gets a bit of Christmas cheer:


In the guest bathroom, I added some Christmas red and candles:


And the spoiled puppies got new beds for Christmas.  Two for our bedroom and two for the office where we all spend a lot of time.  I have secured them in the guest bedroom for now because they can't have them until Christmas....


Red and white jingle bells in a basket:


I wrap berry garland around my candles and it gives them just enough cheer:






Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment