Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Boston!

I want to post about trip to Boston a couple of weeks ago. We had the best time ever. I just haven't had time to post. We have about 1,000 pictures that we took during our week there. I can't wait to download the pictures and post them. In the meantime, a quick summary of our trip as I described it to my BFF:


Hello Friend, 

Yeah, we were only gone for 6 days. I could have stayed longer, we had the best time ever. Did I tell you we went to NYC? Alex, M and I felt like two small town kids. We took the train from
Boston to Penn Station. We walked up the steps from the subway and onto this great big, busy, dirty, amazing city! We were in AWE. It sounds silly, but I was overwhelmed with it all! M grabbed my hand and told me not to let go and to stay close. The streets were filled with people! We went to see Lady Liberty (I had been wanting to visit her since I was 7 years old and I saw a picture of her in a book) -- it was a breathtaking site. We had authentic NYC pizza at a local pizzeria. We were turned down by a cab driver – he didn’t want to take us all the way mid town so he said “no thanks” and drove off as we were getting ready to open the car door! It was classic! Oh, and we went to the Hard Rock CafĂ© in mid-town.


And Boston was equally remarkable! M and I are hard core tourists – and this time, we didn’t rent a car – we decided we were going to ride the subway while there. And we did. And we mastered it! We stayed in the heart of Boston so we had a subway station just ½ a block from the hotel. We took the subway to: Chinatown, Harvard University, Fenway Park, the USS Constitution, etc. We were subway riding fools! We even had to transfer a couple of times. Bostonians are not the most polite people on the planet either. By the end of the visit, we were shoving and pushing our way on and off just like them!

We took a tour of Fenway Park and then stayed for the game. That was really amazing. We had the best seafood (that I am not a fan of but ate it to soak up the moment), M enjoyed every minute of that. We did the Freedom Trail by foot -- saw Paul Revere’s house, the cemetery where they are buried, the first school and library in the US, the school where Ben Franklin attended, the site of the Boston Massacre, etc. We went to the top of the Prudential Building where they have a skywalk and a grand view of the entire city.

We have a TON of pictures that we haven’t downloaded yet. We slept an average of 5 hours a night because we were up early and in late. Our feet hurt, our legs were sore and it was hot and humid. We didn’t care because we had an INCREDIBLE time!


This will have to do until I can get some good pictures up!






No comments:

Post a Comment