Friday, June 29, 2012

The 30 Day Challenge

This week at work we were presented with a challenge. We were directed to TED.com -- where we were to watch a video about a computer engineer turned life experimenter. The idea behind all this is based on engaging in a 30 day challenge to make a positive impact in your life and/or the lives of others.

We were told the challenge did not have to be work related. But since this will be tracked at work via our manager, it behooves me to make this work related. Yes? Great, sign me up!

Now, being the over-achiever that I am, I decided to also have a personal 30 day challenge. I mean if I am going to do this I am going to go at it with everything I have. Pretty strong words for something that may not match the actual activity I chose. You'll see what I mean, read on:

I won't bore you with the details of my work challenge but I will say it's a pretty ambitious goal. However, I am up for it and I just know I will be victorious!

When it came to selecting my personal challenge I knew immediately what it should be. Back in January I begged my Sweetheart to buy me a treadmill; enter the Livestrong 13.0:


I was adamant about needing it immediately because I was going to jump on it every single night! Fast forward six months. My Sweetheart recently told me that our dog, Naboo, uses it more than I do. Really? I walked over to it and saw some puppy paw prints on it. Apparently it's easier for her to climb over it than go around it. Crap.

So my challenge is to get on the treadmill every single day in the month of July. Since I wanted to make this a challenge that I could actually achieve, I didn't really get specific with details on length of time on/miles walked. It's more that I am hoping that the result of this 30 day challenge will be a habit formed. Simply for the reason that up until now, the Livestrong 13.0 has become my nemesis.

Come on July 1st, I'm ready for you! I got this!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment