Saturday, December 31, 2016

Organizing Food Storage Containers

The Christmas vacay from work, so far, has been glorious.  In total I will be off 13 days until I get back to work on January 3rd.   Initially I had every single day scheduled for some type of project around the house.  Then I discovered the Hallmark Movie Channel and the wonderful Christmas movies they show and that first plan was nixed for a more relaxing, uneventful one.  I'm not even joking. 

I did manage to tackle the food storage cabinet and I also got the Laundry Room organized.  The food storage cabinet has always been my nemesis.   I am constantly nesting containers and asking Sweetheart to nest, nest, nest -- which incidentally he claims he doesn't know how to do.   More times than not, anytime this cabinet door was opened something would come tumbling out.

So I took to Pinterest to find a solution.  I was in search of a realistic solution; not to mention a frugal one.   The best one I saw was one that utilized the cabinet doors.   I thought that would work for the small space I have designated for the food storage containers and I also thought it would be a cheap fix.   Well it was cheap alright, but getting those two letter holders was quite the chore.   I went to two office supply stores, Walmart, Target and Marshall's.   Just as I was on the verge of abandoning the idea,  I ran into these wire ones at Hobby Lobby.   At first I wasn't sure if I wanted wire ones but once I had them up I realized it was ideal:



I hung them with Command hooks so I can remove the hooks and not damage the cabinet when it's not needed anymore.   Also, the wire hook is more sturdy and won't snap off if someone is too rough when placing lids in the basket.   Also, it passed the "swing the door" test.   When i swung the door open/closed, it stayed in place!




I placed one on the door -- this one holds the more frequently used lids.   I placed one inside the cabinet for those lids that we don't use often and don't need to be up front and center.  Although they are both pretty accessible and taking them off the hooks and placing them back on the hooks is a snap!





Now, nothings tumbles out and I can easily find what I need!  




No comments:

Post a Comment