Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Cards


Me:  I'm thinking this year instead of making our Christmas cards, I'll just buy them.

Sweetheart:  And break tradition???

Me:   I'll be back, I'm running to the craft store.


Apparently Sweetheart didn't get the quick and easy memo.  I don't want to say I was unmotivated this year, it was more of a lack of inspiration.   I had no idea what to do -- I generally plan my cards out months in advance of November and this year I had nothing.  

So I walked around Hobby Lobby and Joanne's for like three hours searching for inspiration.   And this is what I came up with:  green glittered Christmas trees with gold stars


I already had the cards, I just needed the green and gold paper and a tree paper punch.



I already had the stamps but I bought some green stamp ink:








It was that simple.  I started the cards during Monday Night Football and finished them during Thursday Night Football of that same week.   Right on schedule, I mailed them out on December 2nd.  







I made a couple extra to give to the maid and landscaper, along with these mini envelopes I got at HobLob to add a cash gift to their cards:




No comments:

Post a Comment