Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Operation Laundry Room

I'm not calling it a make-over because the laundry room was a hot mess and really just needed to be cleaned up and organized.  And also because I wasn't about to spend a ton of money on a room that I visit once a week.   I forgot to take a picture of it before I started hauling everything, and I mean everything, out.   But I probably would have been too embarrassed to post a picture of it even if I had. Trust me, a hot mess.

This is how it looked once I started moving everything out.


I actually moved everything thing out and put in on the dining table so I could sort:



The thing about having a disorganized laundry room is that duplicates happen.  Which to me is a complete waste of money.   And nothing bugs me more than wasting money.   But I digress.   After I sorted everything I placed it back into the laundry room: It was starting to look better but I thought this could easily turn messy because it needs more organization.   So I took a quick picture of the room and ran to Target to buy some bins.    Having a picture helps with knowing what size and how many bins to buy. 




And since I already had this glass jar for baking soda, I figured I would buy two more.  One for the laundry pods and one for the dryer sheets.   



I bought five large-sized bins and two medium-sized bins and it was a perfect:




Once I finished with the organization, I put some labels on everything because I just love labels!



I used chalkboard gift tags that I had on hand for the bins:

The gift tags are from the dollar section at Target  



And I added chalkboard labels to the soap and dryer sheets:


The labels are from the Dollar section at Target too






I moved my chalkboard notes board to the wall next to the washing machine because I thought it would be more useful there:

I made this about five years ago from a picture that I found next to a dumpster.


My sister mocks me because on laundry day this board will have a list of loads I need to complete.  She thinks it's silly and calls me a drama queen.   But for me, there's something about crossing off each item that is so fulfilling.   At the end of the day when all my loads are done and crossed off, it's complete euphoria.    

My after:  


It's nothing fancy that's for sure.  But it's organized and nothing makes me happier than some organization with a side of pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment