Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A Cupcake Party

During a recent visit with my cousin she comes up with the idea of having a cupcake decorating "party".   She pulls out a cupcake decorating book and tells us that she wants to try the Cupcake High Heel.    My sister and I looked at her like she was a little crazy because we didn't think we would be able to pull it off.  It looked complicated.  It looked like work that should be left to the professionals.     But my sweet cousin had complete confidence in us.  We decided to have the party at my house in Phoenix.  Was I excited!  We set a date and assigned to-do tasks (for all the different ingredients that make up that little shoe)  and then got ready to have fun!
 
This was my cousin's shoe cupcake; it's a peep toe heel:


Is that not the cutest thing ever???



This is my second attempt at a shoe.   That's my cousin's hand, she took the piping bag from me when she realized I had zero skill.   She cleaned up my mess:




The shoe on the right is round one.   When we got to round two she was really getting the hang of it:



The shoe on the left is my 'round one' shoe.  It was a hot mess.   But we had SO much fun!   We laughed and laughed and then laughed some more!


I didn't take as many picture as I wanted to because my hands were full of icing during most of the process.   Not that it's supposed to be that way, I just figured out a way to get the icing all over me and anything I touched.   

Oh and my sister and my sweet grand niece stayed the night.   She is just the sweetest little girl in the world!  We had a such a good time, I miss her!   And she misses Grievous -- she kept saying "he's mine".   And she hugged him and followed him everywhere!   


We are already planning our second cupcake party.  Next on the agenda:  cupcake purses!

No comments:

Post a Comment