Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 9 - Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches

I found this great recipe for slow cooker Italian Beef sandwiches on Pinterest here.      Instead of adding beer as the recipe calls for, I doubled the beef broth.

Sometimes I think I impress Sweetheart when I have Pinterest-inspired, recipe success.   I generally show him a picture of what I am planning to make for our Sunday football grub the day before as I'm planning my grocery list.   He will eat anything that I make so I never fear making something he won't like.  And he's always grateful that I spend time planning and cooking.  But sometimes he sees a meal on the plate and says "wow, that looks good" or "wow, that smells good" as it's cooking in the slow cooker.   Makes me giggle a little.  When he says "this is delicious!" between bites, well let's just say that makes me very happy.   That's Pinterest-inspired, recipe success at it's best!

I am often amazed at how simple it is to create a very tasty meal with very minimal prep and kitchen time.  This one was super easy because I just threw all the ingredients in the slow cooker, set the timer and went about my day.   I cooked it on high for 6 hours.   Prep time afterwards was next to nothing.   I toasted some wheat rolls, piled in the meat and provolone cheese, poured the au jus in a small ramekin and put some chips on a plate.   I topped the sandwich with pepperchini peppers.


This is one I will definitely make again!

Speaking of Pinterest,  l ran across a picture of hash brown cooked in the waffle iron one day.   Sweetheart and I both love a crispy hash brown so I tired it.  It was so simple.  I brushed on some melted butter to both sides of the waffle iron, added some shredded potatoes that I seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic.   I poured the potatoes into the waffle iron and let them cook for 10 minutes.  

This was the end result:



The BEST hash browns I've made and easily clean up!


BTW,  November is my birthday month and Sweetheart let me open one of my gifts.  It's the Kate Spade lenticular eyes iPhone 6 case.     Cute, yes?





TTFN
~Yolanda 


No comments:

Post a Comment