Monday, November 24, 2014

He called it a birthday train....

That's what Sweetheart called it.  It started the Saturday before my birthday and ended with a victorious Cardinal's football game and sushi on the Sunday following my birthday.   In between there were treats and concerts and surprise visits from my niece and cleverly hidden presents.  And sadly, even an end to a close relationship that spanned decades.

Here's a quick view of the week through the lens of my iPhone:

1.  On on way to pick up our friends the G's and attempting selfies at stop lights:



2. Flowers delivered to me at work as a pre-birthday treat:


and a sweet chocolate treat too:


3.  A Black Keys concert on Monday night that was so much fun!

Yep, wearing the same dress as earlier in the week; quickly becoming one of my fav's

4.  A birthday gift wrapped in tissue paper and foil (because Sweetheart claims he can never find the wrapping paper and/or tape:


The gift was one of my favorite gifts:  two Kate Spade bracelets! 
(they were on my wish list....)



5.  A new Kate Spade handbag and wallet (with gift cards!):
He actually bought this for me back in October 
and I've been patiently waiting to pull it out of the bag...




6.  Some new gloves and socks in a cute package with a keep calm sticker (my fav):


7.  On my actual birthday, Sweetheart took the day off with me so we could spend the day together.  We went to Tempe Town Lake and took a boat cruise around the lake.  Sweetheart at the helm:

He insisted we address him as Captain Miguel...just kidding.

My niece drove up to Phoenix with my great niece to surprise me on my birthday!  What a treat!!  She is the most darling little girl EVER.  Yes, EVER!  After the lake we had lunch then jumped on the light rail to downtown Phoenix.  




I feel so fortunate to have such wonderful friends and family.   My day was so great.  And I feel especially blessed to have Sweetheart in my life; he makes me feel special every day but on my my birthday (and birthday week) he made me feel incredibly special!

It was a wonderful week!







No comments:

Post a Comment