Monday, November 3, 2014

Fall in Arizona

It was 72 degrees in Phoenix on Sunday.   I'll repeat that in case you didn't catch that.  It was 72 degrees in Phoenix on Sunday!   Enduring what seems like endless months of very hot weather almost seems worth it when the temperatures drop into the 70's in Arizona.   Sunny skies and a cool 72 degree breeze is nothing other than paradise.  

It was a perfect time to pull out my Thanksgiving decor.   I always start with the front door:



I love airing out the house when the temperatures drop.   After a long summer of doors and windows closed and the A/C running, it's nice to be able to turn off the A/C and open all doors and windows and let the fresh air in.  The fresh, cool air flowing through the house inspired my warm holiday decor. 

I started by making another burlap runner for the entrance table.  I chose a cream colored burlap from Hobby Lobby to add some lightness to the dark table.  I'm warning you right now, I'm 99.9% sure I'll be making another burlap runner for Christmas, Spring, Easter, etc.   I kind of heart burlap runners right now.

 .

The light table runner and orange pumpkins started the simple and basic palette that I carried throughout the house:


I made a runner for the coffee table in the family room and added some pine cones and orange pumpkins to a rectangular basket:




I've always been partial to neutral colors so being able to use these soft, pale colors just warms my heart.  See what I just did there?   I bought some plain burlap pillow covers from Hobby Lobby and added some embellishments to give the pillows a little flare:

the scratches on corner of the table are courtesy of Grievous and Naboo......

I contemplated added more embellishments to the pillows but decided to leave well enough alone.   See Grievous and Sweetheart's foot in the corner of the picture?  They were taking a nap while I was attempting to snap pictures.   All the commotion didn't seem to bug either one of them because they didn't budge.     



I added two orange pumpkins to the shelf in the family room and some beaded garland to the candles:


Simple and warm:



I usually put out all of my pilgrims (I have quite a few) but this year I decided to give them a break.  Although I did sneak this Mr & Mrs Pilgrim to the shelf in the hallway:



And while I was making runners for the entrance way and the family room I decided why not for the table as well?  I'm loving the cream color on the dark wood:


A simple blend of white pumpkins, pine cones and a few glittered pumpkins in a leaf-shaped bowl is perfect for a centerpiece:



I've had this wrought iron pumpkin for over 15 years.   I bought it at an after Thanksgiving day sale at Cracker Barrel's general store.   I added some beaded garland and a cream colored candle:



I added Thanksgiving subway art to the shelf on the kitchen along with some mini pumpkins and called it good: 




Does an owl speak Thanksgiving to you?   It does me, so I added one to the end table:


This is one of my all time favorite Target clearance finds.   I love the way the gold shimmers when the tea light is lit:



And that's it.   Next on the agenda:


Yep, Christmas plans are in full force.   Christmas holiday projects, Christmas cards, Christmas shopping, family time, etc.    It's my favorite time of the year!




No comments:

Post a Comment