Thursday, September 13, 2012

9/11 Remembrance

I realize I'm days late in posting this but I did not want to not post it.  It's too important.  I remember 9/11/01 like it was yesterday.  I still remember where I was when I first heard about the first plane and then the second plane.  I remember hearing about the Pentagon being hit.  I remember when I heard United Airlines Flight 93 went down.  I was talking with my sister on Tuesday and I told her that it is all still so fresh in my mind. I knew no one from any of the incidents, however, I still feel very connected.  Perhaps it was because they were all innocent Americans that were going about their daily business when they happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.  My heart still breaks for all the lives lost and all the families/friends that lost a loved one. 

I wandered over to Tempe Town Lake on my lunch break and visited the "Healing Ground memorial".  As with many sites across the United States, flags were staked in the ground and names of all the lives lost were attached to a flag.  It covered the entire lawn area and it was quite a touching site. 

It was a very solemn visit that was too short.  I had a training that I had to go to otherwise I would have stayed and visited every single flag. 








For as long as I live, I will always remember....

No comments:

Post a Comment