Sunday, April 22, 2012

Productive Saturday

Well, hello again!   I had such a productive weekend.  As I took all my Easter decorations down, I was left with an empty space on the wall between the kitchen and the dining room.  It's a small space that holds a small shelf.  I usually replace everything on it with holiday decor, so it's forever changing.

On Saturday, as I was cleaning and rearranging, I decided I wanted something fresh in that area.  For whatever reason, I couldn't remember what I had up there before the holidays -- which would have been between Independence Day and Halloween.  So I dug through my stuff.  I found some burlap in my craft room so I decided to use it as the background.  Before I found the burlap I was digging through my scrapbook paper looking for some paper to put in the frame when I found some clear stickers with love quotes on them.

I placed the burlap in the frame, then placed the sticker on the frame.  Initially because I was trying to find something to put in the frame.  But then I figured it didn't look too bad for something that is temporary and will be switched out in another month or so.



I added a silver tea light holder, some Spring flowers and my DIY chalkboard frame and added a quick message (this happens to be the only thing on my mind these days).  :)




The it was on to the dining table.  Ever struggle with what to use as a center piece?  I always do.  I decided to use some faux green apples in a wooden dish.  Simple, but it works:





I had a similar experience with the entrance way table that also gets changed out with each holiday.  It took me forever to get this put together and when I asked Sweetheart what he thought he cheerfully said "looks nice, what's different?"




p.s. the roses are holding up well:



Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment