Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Birthday Weekend

Wow, what an absolutely wonderful birthday weekend! My Sweetheart always goes above and beyond when it comes to my birthday and he certainly did not disappoint this year!


He kept my birthday surprise a secret from me for close to 3 weeks. He would give me hints now and then but didn't really divulge anything until the Friday before. And the only reason he claims he told me is so that I would know what to pack for my surprise weekend getaway. He really wanted to surprise me...and surprise me he did!




The first part of his birthday surprise to me included a weekend stay in Sedona. Sedona is beautiful all year round but Fall is one of our favorite times to visit because of the nice cool weather. We actually wore sweaters during the day and coats and scarves at night! Something that we don't get to do in Phoenix until about January and then it's only for a few days:






On our way to the resort, we stopped to take in the beautiful mountain air and the breathtaking scenery:

We stayed at the Poco Diablo Resort off the main drag. Our patio opened up to the golf course and beautiful trees that we just don't get to see to much of in Phoenix:

The second part of my surprise included a hot air balloon ride! I was beyond thrilled when My Sweetheart told me we were going to soar over Sedona in a hot air balloon! Wow! I've been wanting to do this since I was 16 years old! It was simply amazing!


We were 200 feet above the earth. It was so peaceful and serene up there. We were both overwhelmed by the beauty that surrounded us. This is a picture that I took of the other hot air balloon that launched with us.


After our hot air balloon ride, we shared mimosa's, fruit and muffins with the crew and other passengers. It was a great time!!

After our balloon ride, we drove to Jerome, Arizona and enjoyed some shopping and lunch before heading back to Phoenix. All in all, it was an absolutely amazing weekend. Thank you Sweetheart from the bottom of my heart for always making me feel so special! I love you. xxxoooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment