Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Halloween

The temps are dropping in the valley.   In the past couple of weeks we've gone from the lower 100's to a high of 76 today and it's glorious!    It is starting to feel a lot like fall!  I heard it will warm up some in the next weeks and then linger in the 80's.    But that's okay as long as it's not 100 plus, I'm good.

I was so ready for fall to come this year; it seemed especially hot this summer.   And I also couldn't wait to start decorating with my Halloween/fall stuff!   I purged most of the holiday decor when we moved to our new house at the suggestion of Miguel.   He said that most of it was old and he said he knew that with a brand new home I would want to buy brand new everything.   Who was I to argue?

I did keep a few things like the "Happy Halloween" banner:



But these guys are new.  I found them at Walmart for 98 cents each and I should have bought a third solid orange because then I could have switched the black one out for a solid orange and viola an easy fall transition.   Live and learn.




p.s.  there is still SO much decorating to do.  My bare walls stress me out a little.....
But notice that fish tank in the corner?  We just got it this past weekend.  It's still in the
setting up phase.   Maybe by next weekend we will have water and fish!




How cute are the white pumpkins?  I picked those up from the Target dollar spot.  One of my favorite places by the way.



I'm sure I'll hang on to these for quite some time....so adorable!






And the black and white chevron from last year made it into the "keep" pile, of course!   The colors make me giddy.




I could sit and look at this  a l l   d a y   l o n g!


That coffin is was filled with candy.  It mysteriously keeps disappearing.....


The kitchen gets some Halloween/fall love too:







I ran into Ross looking for pillows and came out with these:

I


And there's another set of the white pumpkins.








Happy Halloween!!
🎃

No comments:

Post a Comment