Saturday, December 23, 2017

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas!   It comes along so quickly and then at the blink of an eye it's done.    We put our tree up Thanksgiving weekend after our guest left so I've been able to enjoy this for a full month.   And still, it's not long enough.  I would keep it up year round if it was socially acceptable.





A colleague of mine was selling Yankee candles for her son's football fundraiser and I bought some of the Balsam & Cedar candles.   They smell amazing and make my living room smell like we have a fresh cut tree:



Sometimes a throw, a pillow and some jingle bells are all I need to make a festive statement:


And mini wreaths.  Because how can you go wrong with a wreath?


This is one of my favorite spots.   When I sit and drink my hot tea in the mornings I admire this area. It makes me feel grown up and stuff.






Don't you love how sometimes you don't feel the creativity flowing and you throw mini ornaments into a bowl and then people are all "wow, so pretty!"....



This nutcracker is one of my fav's:



See the bow?  I made that.  I went on youtube and searched for how to make a bow and viola!






The ONLY time of the year I get excited to see the U.S. Mail is when I know there's a possibility that I can add to my Christmas card wall:



There's that mirror that just roams from room to room until I find a good place to put it.  I think it adds a nice touch to the tree here.   And see the blocks that should spell out "Christmas"?  My four-year old niece was here for a four-day visit and she "fixed the blocks for me".   Perfect.



Merry Christmas!  Be blessed and safe!

I'm on vacation for the next 10 days and I have a HUGE list of things to do.
Wish me luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment