Sunday, July 1, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 1

Today was day one of the 30 day challenge!  After a long day of running errands and spending time with Sweetheart, it was time to take care of day one.  I decided to watch Army Wives while I walked on the treadmill ~ two birds, one stone.  :)


Day 1 -  complete!


Earlier today My Sweetheart and I went to Barnes and Noble to pick up some summer reading.   Since I (we) are starting this month off with a new challenge we feel recharged.  We decided to watch less television and read more.  So we strolled Barnes and Noble for about an hour looking for some good reading.  Normally, I run straight to the true crime section.  I love reading about true crime, specifically se.rial killers.  I am fascinated by them.  I have been since I was very young and read my sister's book called Hel.ter Skel.ter; a book about the Charles Manson murders.  I try to keep my love for reading about se.rial killers under wraps because some people think that's a bit creepy.  Really creepy, but that's a story for another time.

So today I ventured into the romance section.  I was tempted to buy 50 Shades of Grey.  Kind of.  I am not into romance novels, never have been.  But there were actually two books that I looked at.  When I ran into Sweetheart in the Science Fiction section, I showed him the three books so he could help me decide.  There was the 50 Shades of Grey, Great Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells and The Memphis Three (from true crime).   When I finally decided which I wanted I returned the other books to the shelves then remembered that I always wanted to read a book by Nora Ephron.  I've always LOVED her movies but never had a chance to read any of her books.  So I went searching for "Heartburn".  I have never seen the movie so decided this was a great way to get started.  So that's what I got:


When we got home we both found our comfy spots in the living room and started reading.  It was a very nice evening of quiet and reading and just being together.   It was a lovely way to end a great weekend!

Hope you had an equally wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment