Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mini Hallway Makeover

This weekend I decided I was going to paint this mini hallway that leads to our bedroom. When we painted the great room about 4 years ago, we didn't paint the hall for whatever reason. I don't remember why. We left the cutouts and the trim white so maybe I thought the hallway should be white too...? Anyway, for the past couple weeks I had been wanting to paint the hallway and hang some hooks on the wall to hold our "working in the yard" hats. I thought it would be a great place to hang them.



My Sweetheart and I stopped at Hobby Lobby this weekend and as I browsed the clearance isle, I found this mirror on clearance for $10.00! Original $49.99. Perfect! I didn't like the white but I knew I could always paint it.




I was so excited to get started! I ran to Home Depot and bought my paint. I bought a quarter of what I thought was the right color. I wanted the same color as the great room which is called Hotel St. Francis. Instead, I pointed to the color called Burned Toast because I was so excited to get started! So I got home, prepped the wall, and started painting. Then I realized the color was wrong! Too dark!! My Sweetheart told me to go ahead with that color since it would be an accent wall. But I couldn't! It would bug me knowing that I bought the wrong color. So I headed to Home Depot and bought the right color and some primer:



I primered the wall and while it dried, I taped up the mirror and spray painted it brown. Then while that was drying, I came back inside and painted the wall. This morning I begged My Sweetheart to hang my mirror. When he did, I added our hats:


Looks so much better and now we have a place to hang our hats! I am thinking of buying a small table to place Grievous' basket that holds his leashes and collars. Also, I am looking at the pictures and the mirror needs major cleaning. This is a good start though.




No comments:

Post a Comment