Monday, November 30, 2009

Weekend Update - Thanksgiving Weekend!

What a great weekend! My Sweetheart and I both had a much needed four day weekend! Our Thanksgiving weekend started on Wednesday night. When we got home from work, My Sweetheart's dad asked if we wanted to go out to dinner and a movie, of course we said yes!

We went to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant and then went to see Men Who Stare at Goats. It was a good movie, pretty funny. I didn't think I would like it but I was pleasantly surprised! (it didn't hurt that George Clooney starred in the flick)

Holiday's are a little stressful in our household. My family lives in Tucson (about 90 miles away) and his family lives in Phoenix. We want to be able to be with both families but that is not always feasible. My family has a lot of holiday traditions that have been around since I was just a little girl. It is sometimes hard for me to bend when it comes to making holiday arrangements. I don't like being so difficult but inevitably we always seem to have 'discussions' about how I won't yield when it comes to family...my family. I must say this holiday was not any different. After much discussion, we went to Tucson for Thanksgiving dinner. We had breakfast with My Sweetheart's mom and dad and his brother that was visiting from Miami. It was a nice breakfast but My Sweetheart wished we could have spent more time with them. In hindsight, I should have been more flexible. We talked about it that night and I am hopeful that the next holiday I remember just how bad I felt and will be more aware of My Sweetheart's feelings.

We spent all day Friday and Saturday with My Sweetheart's mom and dad and brother. We had breakfast together on both days and watched movies at our house. We did some backyard shopping on Saturday at the local Mexican pottery store and bought some cool stuff for the backyard. It was a good time. We spent Sunday in Tucson - it was my mom's birthday! We had dinner at my sister's house. We made it back to Phoenix about 6:30pm last night and I was so tired today. We had a full weekend filled with family fun.

As this Thanksgiving holiday is behind me, I reflect on this past year and I am so thankful to have My Sweetheart in my life, he is a very sweet and caring man. Everything he does, he does with me in mind. Always doing what he feels is best for me and him and Grievie. I am also thankful for my family. I feel blessed to be here.

Well, here's some more pics of my holiday decor. I normally take down my Thanksgiving decor and put up the Christmas tree on Friday after Thanksgiving but we were much too busy. My Sweetheart promises me he will pull my Christmas bins out for me on Saturday so we can start on Christmas decor!



My wreath and pine cone project having over the mirror in our living room:

My pilgrim people that I have on the kitchen counter:

My pumpkin and pine cones in the living room:

My pine cone centerpiece on the coffee table:

My end table (with my new Birthday lamp):

My entrance way:
More pilgrims in the kitchen:

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment