Friday, May 21, 2010

Spring/Summer Colors

About 2 months ago, I decided I wanted to change the colors in the living room, dining area and kitchen to have more of a spring/summer feel. I wanted to lighten up the room but I didn't want to change the wall color. My Sweetheart would have a heart attack if I told him I was repainting the entire room. :)

Instead I added cream and apple green to the room. It was a subtle change but a nice change none the less. Apple green candles from Ikea and a cream colored bouquet:

Cream colored curtains in the living room and dining area. Cream colored pillows with a touch of apple green. An apple green throw. More Ikea candles:



I carried the theme into the dining area. Cream curtains and apple green place mats.



I even bought some faux green apples which I placed in a white bowl and placed on the kitchen counter. My Sweetheart thought they were real until he picked one up and said "why the heck do we have fake apples in this bowl????" For decoration Sweetheart, for decoration. :)



Two new projects on the horizon. New kitchen curtains to match my new theme and re-do of the spare bedroom. New paint on walls, new bedding....it's exciting!




No comments:

Post a Comment