Friday, December 23, 2016

The Tree Skirt

Every year I struggle with a tree skirt that seems to be too small for our tree.  Every year I struggle even more with spending $60 for a bigger skirt.  This year, I decided to get crafty.   There was a post I read about a blogger that used a fabric table cloth as a base for her tree skirt and then just added some embellishments.   The first thought that came into my head was "that seems like it could be quick and easy".   And it was!

I bought a 60-inch, round table cloth from Target and 6 feet of white pom-pom ribbon from Joanne's:



I wasn't sure how much ribbon to buy but I figured if I centered the pom-pom ribbon in the middle (or front) of the fabric it would be an even distribution.   And if I came up short, I could either buy more ribbon or arrange the skirt so it wouldn't be obvious.


I used 'stichery-witchery' to fuse the ribbon to the fabric.


And it turns out I was about two feet too short.   But once I got the skirt around the tree, I thought I could easily conceal it.  



When I started getting the gifts around the tree, the back of the skirt was not visible so I left it alone:





This really was a quick and easy project and I love the way it looks!


No comments:

Post a Comment