Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Gratitude

I saw a post yesterday on a friend's Facebook page.   He said he was starting a new habit where he would write down one thing that he is grateful for each day and keep a growing list.   What a wonderful idea!  I have SO many things to be grateful for and keeping a journal of it would allow me to take a look back every now and then and revisit those things that are so meaningful to me.  

So I too am starting a new habit:  a weekly post entitled  "I am grateful for".   

Today, I am grateful for...... My Sweetheart.   

I could write about this sweet man for days and days and days.   But I'll keep it to what happened this week.  I am grateful for how thoughtful and chivalrous he is.   

Thoughtfulness 
 I got this email from him on Monday:

Hi Sweetheart,
Did you make it to work today?  I miss you.  Thank you for the food
I love you very much so.

He makes my heart happy.

Chivalrous

He blocked the sun for me while we sat in church on Sunday morning.   I sent him this email:  

I forgot to thank you for blocking the sun for me when we were in church yesterday.  You are such a gentleman, Sweetheart.   Thank you.
xoxoxox

He replied:  

Yea, that was a rough start but it went away fast enough.  I was able to sleep....I mean close my eyes and listen.

I never asked him to shield the sun that was shining through the stained glass windows.  I didn't make a fuss, it was just there and my concentration would have been on the mass.   But as we sat down he saw the sun was shining directly on my face and he asked to switch seats with me and then leaned forward so the sun was not on me.   It didn't last long, the sun moved quickly enough and when it did I saw him sit back and relax.  See why I call him Sweetheart?? 

So very grateful for this man.  

And thanks J, for the inspiration. 


No comments:

Post a Comment